– 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix (follow box directions plus 1 egg)
– Cajeta (Mexican caramel sauce)
– 4oz cream cheese at room temperature
– 4 eggs
– 1 can sweetened condensed milk
– 1 can Evaporated milk
– 1tbsp vanilla
– Your custard should be thick and creamy in texture. So it is important to use a water bath to keep your custard / flan from cracking and becoming rubbery this ensures it cooks evenly.
– Preheat oven on 350.
– Mix cake batter according to box add 1 more egg mix well.
– Spray a bundt pan with baking spray or grease with butter.
– Drizzle Cajeta on bottom of bundt.
– Add batter. Put cream cheese, eggs, milks and vanilla in blender and blend well.
– Pour mixture into bundt over batter. Set bundt in a water bath.
– I used a rectangular Pyrex set pan in and filled almost half way with water.
– Cover with foil (spray foil to prevent cake from sticking) since the cake will switch places with the flan once baked.
– Bake for 1.5 hours or until firm or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
– Let cool in pan for 1 hour at room temperature.
– Flip onto platter and drizzle with more Cajeta.
– Chill 1 hour or over night… pecans can be sprinkled on top as garnish and berries Optional)