WHAT YOU NEED :
– Healthy Harvest� Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce: 1 jar (570 ml)
– Carrot: 1 small (peeled and chopped)
– zucchini: 1/2 small (chopped)
– Garlic: 2 cloves (minced)
– Wholemeal bread: 1 slice (cut into cubes)
– Parmesan cheese: 1/3 cup (grated)
– Milk: 3 tablespoons
– Egg: 1
– Italian dried herbs: 1 1/2 teaspoons
– Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper: 1/4 teaspoon each
– Lean ground beef: 1 lb (454 g)
1. In a food processor, thinly chop the carrot, zucchini, and garlic. You’ll want to add the bread, cheese, milk, egg, dried herbs, salt, and pepper. And please blend the ingredients without pur�eing and pour into a bowl.
2. You can then add the crumbled beef and mix gently to blend with other ingredients; prepare 18 meatballs.
3. While preparing the meatballs, heat the sauce in a large frying pan over medium heat. After that, add the meatballs to the sauce and partially cover then simmer for 15 minutes, turning meatballs over after 8 minutes. Finally, sprinkle the cheese over the meatballs. I always serve them on submarine rolls or a bed of hot cooked spaghetti.
* You can use a grater to finely chop the carrot and zucchini if you do not have a food processor.