• 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
• 4 tablespoons butter, melted
• 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
• 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 package (14.3 ounces) Oreo cookies, quartered
• 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Optional: Whipped cream and chopped Oreo cookies
• Combine crumbs and butter;
press into bottom of a 9- or 10-in.
springform pan. Freeze.
Whip 1-1/2 cups whipping cream until stiff peaks form; refrigerate.
• In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar; blend thoroughly. Fold cut cookies into filling along with chilled whipped cream. spread filling evenly into crust, smoothing top and spreading to edges. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Freeze 1 hour before serving.
• Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Whisk in vanilla and remaining whipping cream. Loosen cheesecake from pan by running knife around edge; remove from pan.
• Spread chocolate glaze over cheesecake. If desired, top with whipped cream and additional Oreo cookies to serve.